"Economic Archive" is the first academic economic journal in Bulgaria. From 1st of January 2017 the English language title of the journal is changed from “Narodnostopanski archiv” (transliterated from Bulgarian) to “Economic Archive”. The decision to be issued under the name "Narodostopanski archiv" (changed to "Narodnostopanski archiv", now “Economic Archive”) was taken at a meeting of the Academic Council of October 1st 1945 (recorded in Protocol ¹ 100). A quarterly period of issue was established, with 40 quires a year. Its editor- in- chief became Prof. Todor Vladigerov PhD (later – a corresponding member of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences). The first book came off the printing house of The Academy in Svishtov at the beginning of 1946 with ministerial authorization ¹ 64 of January 11, 1946. In connection with the 40th anniversary of the journal and its active scientific research the journal was awarded the "Cyril and Methodius" II degree Order by decree ¹ 3303 of October 2, 1986 of the State Council of PR Bulgaria.